Microsoft Support recently released a knowledge base article outlining a list of known issues that have come up with Dynamics CRM 4.0 on Microsoft Server 2008. So if you’re thinking about upgrading your server soon, be sure to check out this article link first!
Microsoft Support KB article #950100
This article describes the support for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 on Windows Server 2008-based computers.
- Error message when you try to open the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0
Web application: “Problems with this Web page might prevent it from being displayed properly or functioning properly”
- Error message when you install Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0: “ActionMicrosoft.Crm.Setup.Server.EnableCompressionAction failed”
- Error message when you try to open the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Web application: “HTTP Error 401.2 – Unauthorized”
- Error message when you install an SPLA or an IFD of Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0: “An invalid IP address was specified”
- Error message when you view the User Summary report in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0: “An error occurred during rendering of the report. Unable to cast object of type ‘Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportRendering.Calendars’ to type ‘System.String’”
- Error message when you try to install the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Server on Windows Server 2008: “Internet Information Services (IIS) 7 along with IIS 6 Compatibility Components must be installed on Windows Server 2008?
An error message occurs when you install Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0: “System.Exception: ActionMicrosoft.Crm.Setup.Server.ConfigureAspNetAccountAction failed. System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The group name could not be found”
- Error message in the EDW: “Failure: An address incompatible with the requested protocol was used”