The Microsoft CRM e-mail templates are HTML and browser-based. As a result, the following requirements must be met to include a graphic in a template:
- You must be able to display the graphic in a browser. This means that .gif and .jpg graphic formats work best.
- The e-mail template is an HTML file. Graphics are not “embedded” or attached; rather, only a link is placed in the file pointing to where the actual graphic is located.
- The graphic must be on a Web site that the e-mail recipient can access.
To add a graphic to an e-mail template:
- On the Microsoft CRM Home page, click Settings, click Template Manager, and then click E-mail Templates.
- On the Actions bar, click New E-mail Template.
- Select a template type and click OK.
- Complete the details of the e-mail template.
- Open the Web page (using Internet Explorer) or Web site folder (using Windows Explorer) that contains the graphic. Usually all the graphics for a Web site are located in one folder. Links to the graphics in this folder are then placed in the Web files.
- Copy and paste the graphic to your e-mail template. Although the graphic will appear, you have copied and pasted only the link to that graphic.
- Save the e-mail template.