The Microsoft Dynamics CRM Sustained Engineering (SE) team released Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Update Rollup 13 on Thursday, September 23, 2010.
The links below will take you to the necessary information about Update Rollup 13.
- Microsoft Download Center: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=406e6247-873b-4db0-8a25-3f041b066844
- Microsoft Knowledge Base Article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2267499
General Details about Update Rollup 13
Update Rollup 13 is cumulative. However, the Update Rollup 13 CRM Client and Data Migration Client packages require Update Rollup 7 to be installed. For all other CRM components you do not need to install any previous Update Rollups prior to Update Rollup 13
The Update Rollup 13 download contains updates for the 40 supported Language Packs. Prior to installing the Update Rollup 13 Language pack, you must install the original Language pack.
If you have Language Packs installed, you should
- Download the Update Rollup 13 Language Pack
- Install the Update Rollup 13 Language Pack
- 3. De-provision the Language Pack
- Re-provision the Language Pack
Information about how to avoid reboots when installing the CRM Outlook Client can be found in the Update Rollup 4 blog posting.
The Update Rollup 13 Client can be deployed before the server is upgraded to Update Rollup 13.
Each update rollup could have fixes that require manual configuration. Please see the “Hotfixes and updates that you have to enable or configure manually” section in KB 2267499.
Internet Explorer 9 Beta
The Microsoft Internet Explorer team released a Beta version of Internet Explorer 9 (http://www.microsoft.com/ie). Check it out!
However, before you do. Please install Update Rollup 13! The CRM SE team has been doing verification tests with Internet Explorer 9 and has added changes to Update Rollup 13 to resolve some compatibility issues.
High impact issues resolved in Update Rollup 13:
- Creating any row data (e.g. create account, contact, etc) throws a Jscript error.
- Some radio button selections (e.g. Export to Excel -> Use this type of worksheet) do not allow selection of any of the non-default options.
Have we fixed all the issues? No. IE 9 is a Beta product and we are continuing our compatibility testing. The CRM SE Team plans to release additional IE 9 related fixes in the next several Update Rollups. The CRM SE team will work hard to ensure full compatibility by the time Internet Explorer releases to manufacturing.
Please see the Update Rollup 13 KB for more info on the changes made.
How to get support for Update Rollup 13
To get support please contact Microsoft Product Support. For a complete list of Microsoft Product Support Services telephone numbers and information about support costs, visit the following Microsoft Web site: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;[LN];CNTACTMS