During configuration of Claims based configuration in CRM2011 the federationmetadata.xml is not accessible.
Testing the connection, it gives the following error:
“HTTP Error 404.0 – Not Found The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.” the file (and folder) are not created/available in: “C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics CRM\CRMWeb\FederationMetadata\2007-06\FederationMetadata.xml”
This is because the IIS extension “URL REWRITE” is missing.
You could prevent this, by:
- Going to http://www.iis.net/download/URLRewrite
- Download the URL REWRITE Extension and install it
- Do an IISRESET and reopen the IIS Manger
- Try try to pull <a href="http://crmserver:/FederationMetadata/2007-06/FederationMetadata.xml”>/FederationMetadata/2007-06/FederationMetadata.xml”>/FederationMetadata/2007-06/FederationMetadata.xml”>http://crmserver:<crmport>/FederationMetadata/2007-06/FederationMetadata.xml again
- Now the correct FederationMetadata.xml is shown.
Note: IIS URL Rewrite Extension enables Web administrators to create powerful rules to implement URLs that are easier for users to remember and easier for search engines to find.