SharePoint 2010 includes support for using mobile phones to access documents, lists, and calendars, perform people and document searches, and receive SMS alerts on content. With Microsoft SharePoint Workspace Mobile 2010, users can use Windows Phones to access offline documents on SharePoint 2010. iPhone users can use SharePlus, Apple’s client application for SharePoint (http://itunes.apple.com/ gb/app/shareplus-office-mobile-client/id364895421?mt=8). Android users can use SP Elements (http://www.spelements.com/android/).
A variety of mobile browsers are supported, including:
- IE Mobile on Windows Mobile 5/6 and newer versions
- Safari 4 and newer versions on the iPhone (3/4) and iPad (1/2)
- BlackBerry 4.x and newer versions
- NetFront 3.4, 3.5 and newer versions
- Opera Mobile 8.65 and newer versions