Dynamics CRM Custom Email is an utility for Microsoft Dynamics CRM which provides several capabilities to extend the email functionality of the platform based on supported customizations.
- Ability to create Email Templates for custom entities. Today CRM doesn’t allow it yet out of the box.
- Dynamics fields can contain any type of attribute (e.g. Text, Numeric, Lookup, DateTime, etc)
- Lookup dynamics fields can have any level of relationships level (e.g. Opportunity => Customer Contact => Parent Company)
- Ability to apply formats on dynamic fields using ToString function (e.g. Money with 2 decimals, UK Date Time format)
- Ability to reuse attachments from different templates (e.g. Two different emails with attachments will use the same physical file)
- Reduce storage
- Dynamics CRM only allows to reuse attachments using bulk emails where files must be attached to the same template.
- [Coming Soon] Attachments Viewer
- Ability to view actual physical attachments and emails/templates that are using those
- This tool is specially useful in a Online organisation, where there is not an UI option to see the physical files of the system (In On-premise you could go to the CRM DB / attachments table)
Microsoft Dynamics CRM supported versions:
- CRM 2013, CRM 2015
Learn how this CRM utility has been developed in the Development page.
Sample Template design and resultant email: