Sometimes, there will be a need to re-open an activity which was marked as completed. Though it makes us feel like going to the relevant activity and just re-open (Much similar to re-activating a Quote). But the answer is NO (we cannot do that in the interface). But, CRM provides you an option to do this with the help of “On-Demand” PROCESSES formerly WORKFLOWS. So, let us consider an example of re-opening an completed TASK, below are the steps,
- Create an new Workflow on the task entity.
- Select “On-Demand” under Available to Run.
- Click Add-Step and select Change Status.
- Select the entity as Task and set that to open and the below options as desired.
- Save and “Activate” the workflow.
Done with the workflow! Now, select the desired task from the list of activities and select “Run workflow” – Pick the relevant one and click OK, we are done.